A Gas meter is a flow meter that measures the volume of fuel gas (liquefied petroleum gases and natural gas) in residential or industrial areas. Gas meters can be used in commercial, residential, and industrial buildings that use gas utility company’s gas. Smart meters allow the energy provider remotely to track gas and electricity usage.
What is a gas meter?
A gas meter is driven by the force of moving gas in the pipe. It also turns faster when the flow increases . The pointer on the next dial of higher value moves one digit ahead each time the dial with the lowest value completes one revolution. Four types of natural gas meters are used to measure flow. They are mass flow meters, velocity flow meters, differential pressure, and PD meters.
How can I read a dial gas meter?
– Use the left and right dials.
– Always choose the lower number if the pointer is between two numbers.
– Write down 9 if the pointer is between 9 and 0.
– Red dials marked ‘100 per Rev’ and the largest dial should be ignored.
To get more idea about this report @ https://marketresearch.biz/report/gas-meters-market/request-sample/
Gas Meter Benefits :
A smart meter has the main advantage of not having to manually read your electricity and gas. All that information is automatically sent to your supplier by a smart meter. A smart meter with an in-home display is also a great way to track your energy consumption.
– Accurate bills- no more estimates
– Highlights of faulty appliances
– A wider range of tariffs available
– Prepay Friendly
The introduction of smart gas meters and technological development, along with R&D initiatives to create innovative products that meet customer specifications and lower manufacturing and operating costs, provide many revenue growth opportunities for various manufacturing industries. Smart gas meters are not yet widely accepted in the terminal industry, but there is a strong possibility of rapid growth. This is a great opportunity for the development and growth of the gas meter industry.
The Key Developments :
- Panasonic announced in July 2021 that it will start providing gas utility services in Europe using smart gas meters based on its advanced gas meter technology from Japan.
- The Government of Italy set a 2020 target for smart meters in residential and industrial gas meters through the National Regulatory Authority for Electricity.